Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day at Schnepf Farms...


Okay... I thought it was about time to start a personal blog so that everyone scattered all over the country can check in to see what's going on here in sunny Phoenix! (Actually, very sunny today...about 102 degrees sunny!!) And...If I've set it up right, everyone in the family can also add their own posts, pictures and videos so it will be easier to keep up with what everyone else is up to!

For Mother's Day today, Mom and I went out to
Schnepf Farms and picked fresh peaches right off the tree! What a blast! Mom found the best trees that were just LOADED with peaches after she walked down the "railroad tracks" a ways!! (Okay, so they were 'kiddie train tracks', but you get the idea!)

After that we went to the "Down on the Farm" restaurant right there on the grounds of Schnepf Farms for a late breakfast where I had the opportunity to practice my waitressing skills! I guess one of the cooks didn't up and they were more than a little backed up, so we ate on very high-end styrofoam carry-out containers on our own private patio...as long as I served the coffee and food and was able to scrounge around to find silverware! Ha...never let it be said I don't do things 'First Class'!! Hey, at least I didn't have to cook the food too!

We took home some AWESOME Peach Cinnamon Rolls and a Fresh Peach Pie that we used in place of dinner to celebrate the day! Everyone chipped in for Mom's trip to Indianapolis, which we're trying to get scheduled for this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment